Thank you for choosing the Mobile Broadband USB
Stick. With your USB Stick, you can access a wireless
network at high speed. Note:
This manual describes the appearance of the USB Stick, as well as the procedures for
preparation, installation, and removal. For operation details about the management
program, see the online help included in the management program.
Getting to Know Your USB Stick
The following figure shows the appearance of the USB Stick. It is provided only for your
reference. The actual product may be different.
It connects the USB Stick to a PC.
You can tie the cap and the USB Stick together by threading a strap through the strap holes,
so that the cap will not be easily lost.
It indicates the status of the USB Stick.
Green, blinking twice every 3s: The USB Stick is powered on.
Green, blinking once every 3s: The USB Stick is registering with a 2G network.
Blue, blinking once every 3s: The USB Stick is registering with a 3G/3G+ network.
Green, solid: The USB Stick is connected to a 2G network.
Blue, solid: The USB Stick is connected to a 3G network.
Cyan, solid: The USB Stick is connected to a 3G+ network.
Off: The USB Stick is removed.
SIM/USIM Card Slot
It holds a Subscriber Identity Module (SIM)/Universal Subscriber Identity Module (USIM)
microSD Card Slot
It holds a microSD card.
Getting Your USB Stick Ready
1. Open the front cover to remove it from the USB Stick.
2. Insert the SIM/USIM card and the microSD card into the corresponding card slots, as
shown in the following figure.
3. Replace the front cover and click it into place.
The microSD card is an optional accessory. If it is not provided in the package, you can
buy one yourself.
Ensure that the beveled edge of the SIM/USIM card is properly aligned with that of the
SIM/USIM card slot and the microSD card is inserted according to the direction as
labeled on the microSD card slot.
Do not remove the microSD or SIM/USIM card when the card is in use. Otherwise, the
card as well as your USB Stick may get damaged and the data stored on the card may
be corrupted. Installation/Removal Guide
The procedure for installing the management program depends on the operating system
(OS) installed on your PC. The following sections take Windows XP as an example.
Connecting the USB Stick to a PC
Plug the USB Stick into the USB port of your PC.
Installing the USB Stick Management Program
1. Connect the USB Stick with the PC.
2. The OS automatically detects and recognizes the new hardware and starts the
If the auto-run program does not respond, find the AutoRun.exe file in the driver path.
Then double-click AutoRun.exe to run the program.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions of the installation wizard.
4. After the program is installed, a shortcut icon for the management program appears on
Starting the Management Program
After being installed, the management program starts automatically. Then every time the
USB Stick is connected to the PC, the management program starts automatically.
You can also double-click the shortcut icon on the desktop to start the management
Removing the USB Stick
1. Double-click in the notification area. Then the Unplug or Eject Hardware dialog
2. Select the corresponding hardware and then click Stop.
3. When the message "It is safe to remove the device" appears, remove the USB Stick.
Uninstalling the Management Program
1. Choose Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.
2. Find the management program and click Remove to uninstall the management
Exit the management program before uninstalling it.